Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Assignment 9

My weaknesses, my errors.
In my first 2 papers I had to rewrite them because there was a lot of questioning for the reader. One of my weakness is forgetting that the reader is not always aware of what I'm talking about,because i tend to forget that not everyone knows what I'm talking about. For example, in the paper about the narrative literacy I told my readers i was in an avid class. My audience quickly questioned me what is avid? I right away assumed that the audience would know what it meant since I had it for like four years.
Also in my papers I tend to sounds very informal and that right there is very unprofessional. I try to but once i look at it again there i am using " you" Professional writing should not have you. Not only that but i tend to repeat words like I believe, in my opinion, I remembered throughout my paper. I've had peer edits where they always tell me the same thing and somehow i still don't have it engraved in my head.

Finally I've had this problem since high school. Getting off topic is one of the toughest things I've had to deal with when it comes to writing. Its so easy to forget about what your thesis statement and start rambling about other things that has nothing to do with your topic. Then there is the organization of the essay. I've realized that in this class I tend to try to answer the assignment questions , forgetting about the intro, body and conclusion. The reminder of "students it must have a thesis statement ." always should be in my mind but when I've looked at my recent papers I've realized I failed to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment