Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Assignment 10

Peer Review Edits
For the new idea of peer edits it helped me because I felt like a had a better understandings of the article first. We told each other ideas on how to improve our own essays and discussed the article too. I found it very helpful because I actually feel like my second draft was much improved considering the first draft. In my first draft i felt like my thesis statement was weak, and in the peer group there also told me it was contradicting.

My weakness is definitively loosing focus on peer edits and talking about other things. Not only that but i feel like I'm to nice when it comes to peer edits. I don't want to sound rude or mean even though i know were helping each other out. My strength would be talking in person about what could be changed a bit , or looses focus on other persons papers. I rather talk it on then actually write it down on a paper.

I found it more helpful actually been in a group, that way you can actually try to stay focus and have more comfort to talk with other people , then just one person into explaining them your opinion.When I was involved in the writing center at high school it made is easier too just to have a group for me and for the person having there papers checked out by other students. We have different ideas , different opinions to look at and take into consideration.

Peer Review
-One on one , helps those who are timid to feel a little more comfort.
- Focused on one paper, other then 2 or 3 papers.
- Able to have everything written on the peer review sheet other then forgetting what peers told you in review group.

Peer Review Group
-More opinions from other classmates that can help you more, other than just hearing one opinion.
-More talking from other classmates and hearing there ideas too.
-See mistakes from more writers then just seeing a mistake from one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment