Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My reflection

I've noticed a little progress in my own writing because I do put more effort. I try to remember that the reader doesn't always know what I'm talking about . For example , Lets say I was to write a paper about my dog Chico. If I had said Chico is fun to play with. They could right away assume its a dog, cat, hamster and e.t.c. I have to inform readers, tell readers who exactly Chico is. Genres, is always been talked about in class and I see the importance in why a paper should maintain only one genre throughout the paper.
Writing has always been a constant battle for me, trying to maintain focus and organization. But with this class I feel as if my writing has improved greatly. First off the writing class I took before this one was less challenging and to me it seemed the teacher expected less from us. With this class I constantly feel a challenge either with writing my blog, writing my paper, or in general just the critical review we talk during class. When we are review the essays that we read from other writes in our writing book we actually see what could have been changed and I find that helpful for our future writing papers.

I believe there is little improvement in my writing just because of the fact that this is the first class my writing teacher actually talks about the says, and the writing terms. In other words this is the first writing class in which, I feel as if my professor isn't just saying exactly textbook says.But making it a bit simpler and saying it in hes/hers own words. The notes i take in this class are very helpful when it comes to writing the actual papers. The peer review sheets help me a lot just because it tells me what could have been better and what confuses readers. With the the peer review sheets you are letting your peer partner read through your essay and find the mistakes you didn't see because it is your paper. I tend to find it harder to edit my own paper then to read others and peer edit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment